Student Search Help
The Student Search supports searches by:
- First name
- Last name
- SAKU Student ID (7-digit, aka "Emplid," current ID in Enroll & Pay)
- SRIS Student ID (6-digit, aka "Campus ID")
These search options have different capabilities and requirements:
- Student ID must be an exact match or no results will be returned.
- Name searches can be by first name, by last name, or both.
- Name searches are not case-sensitive.
- Partial names are allowed, with a minimum of two letters per name.
- The partial name search is a "name begins with..." search.
- First and last names may be entered in any order.
The student search results will appear in a list, sorted by last name, which includes:
- SAKU Student ID
- Full name
- Program (e.g. "Liberal Arts Undergraduate" or "Engineering Graduate")
- FERPA hold indication
Students with multiple programs on file will be listed with all the programs, one per line.
To view a student's record, select the Student ID.
When attempting to view a record, the Student Information tool will perform a series of accessibility checks before displaying the record. If it is determined that access is not granted to the specific student, the tool will display a login screen allowing the student to grant access to the record for this session.
- Any student with a FERPA hold must grant explicit access to the student record via the login screen.
- Student and advisers are grouped: KU Medical Center and Non-KU Med. Only KUMC advisers can see KUMC students' records and likewise for non-KUMC. If a student has multiple careers, one at KUMC and one not, then advisers in both groups will be able to see that student's record.