What is the Advising Tool?
The KU Online Advising Tool launched its first phase on December 30, 2007. This first launch included:
- Access to student record information
- Extensive course/class search capabilities
- Advisor notes to track interactions between advisors and students
- Secure messaging to allow advisors to contact students with important academic notifications
Additional features that went live in 2012 are:
- Degree Progress Report (replacing the ARTS form) available to both advisors and students
- Graduation functionality (replacing Graduation on ARTS functionality)
As with many online services, additional functionality and enhancements will be added to the Online Advising tool frequently and rapidly.
How do I get access?
If you are a student, you will automatically have access to your own information under the Advising tab of the Kyou portal. If you are staff or faculty with advising responsibilities you can request access
to a broader set of information and functionality. Pending approval of this request, you will see additional options on the Advising tab.
Where can I get help?
In addition to documentation provided on this web site, you can contact the Information Technology Customer Service Center at 864-8080. Depending on your question, they can connect you to the right resource.